New Milford Fire Department Company No. 2
This fire company is one of two located in the borough. It was originally formed as Palisades Fire Co. No. 2 in 1915 before becoming NMFD Co. No. 2 in 1922. The New Milford Fire Department is a volunteer fire department. It is a member of the Tri-Boro South Mutual Aid, which gives service to this borough, plus River Edge and Oradell. In addition to fire fighting equipment, the department also has a rescue boat for emergencies on the Hackensack River and for other flood-related rescues.
- Founding Date: 1915
- Parking: On-street: free
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Volunteer