A fixture in New Milford since 2002, Body Mind offers students ages five and up a basic foundation in eight different martial arts. Manager Ralph Keefe says his school follows a traditional philosophy in its classes, which include Kung Fu, Kong Su Do, Tai Chi, Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwan Do, Aikido and mixed martial arts.
- Hours: Monday through Friday - 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday - 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What makes this community special?: People are beginning to realize the importance and value of taking responsibility for one’s own health, We utilize a more holistic approach ~ mind, body, breath, movement, balanced diet and a connection to nature ~ to increase overall well being.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Group/family, Military
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Number of classes/week: 20
- Average class size: 10
- Number of instructors: 5
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: 50/50
- Type: Aikido, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Kendo, Kung Fu, Mixed martial arts, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Uses weight classification: No
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: We stress the importance of understanding and studying the mind and body, through correct and well balanced exercises, movements and forms. Live, Breathe, Move!