The New Milford Mayor and Council are set to meet Monday evening for work session at 7 p.m. and a public meeting at 7:45 p.m.
At their last meeting the Mayor and Council discussed the possible grants that could benefit the borough if they focused efforts on becoming part of the Sustainable New Jersey program. Discussion of the potential acquisition of a property adjacent Fire Co. #2, the budget committee and a public park recycling grant are on the agenda for Monday’s meeting.
Registration for kindergarten in the New Milford School District is open this week. Residents who live on or south of Monmouth and River Edge Avenues should call Berkley Street Elementary School at 201-262-0191.
Families who live north of Monmouth and River Edge Avenues should contact B. F. Gibbs Elementary School at 201-261-0939. Children who will be 5 years old by Oct. 1, 2014, are eligible to register. A birth certificate and immunization records as well as proof of residency (apartment lease/property deed and two current utility bills, each from a different utility) are required.
- The New Milford Board of Education will meet Monday at 7 p.m. at New Milford High School.
- The Planning Board will meet Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m. in Borough Hall.
- New Milford High School students will be taking their midterm exams Wednesday – Friday of this week.
- Jersey Boys Grill is hosting a trivia contest Thursday evening at 8:30 p.m.
- On Thursday evening Neighbors Helping Neighbors is holding a meeting in the River Edge Library.