Cinco de Mayo and More This Weekend
Tequila, tacos, and a 10,000 pound woman in New Milford this weekend.
This weekend is Cinco de Mayo so naturally, we must ask, "Tequila or cerveza?"
Either way, there's lots to do this weekend and we hear the weather is going to be spectacular, so get out, celebrate and shake your maracas!
- If you really want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, head straight to Pancho's Burritos on Main Street. They tell us that they are planning quite the party Saturday, so be sure to stop by.
- On display in the parking lot of Wine & Roses Saturday will be a 10,000 pound marble sculpture by Francisco Sotomayor showing a woman reclining atop a piano. From New Milford the sculpture will make its way to the New York City Metro Show at the Meadowlands Exposition Center where it will be on display from May 11-13.
- Live entertainment is coming to the Garden Cafe Saturday from 6pm to 9pm. Greg Caldarone will be preforming jazz standards and Italian classics. Garden Cafe is BYOB so don't forget to stop in at Wine & Roses and have Chris Denis pick out the perfect bottle of wine.
- Jersey Boys Grill just got a new draught system so the cerveza should be flowing all weekend long!
- One way to recover from the tequila and cerveza is to get out in the yard and start planting. Steve Perrone of Perrone Farm took us on a tour of the greenhouses and they are overflowing with color. Visit Perrone Farm, pick up a couple of flats and get planting.