Gov. Christie had harsh words on Friday for those who were seen on news reports continuing to sun themselves on the state's beaches.
"I saw some of these news feeds that I have been watching upstairs of people sitting on the beach in Asbury Park," said Christie. "Get the hell off the beach in Asbury Park and get out--you're done, it's 4:30--you have maximized your tan, get off the beach, get in your cars and get out of those areas."
The Governor said the Garden State Parkway would close southbound beginning at 8 p.m. Friday night. Christie also shut down all casinos this weekend in Atlantic City.
Shortly before 7 p.m. Friday, the Governor released a list of all municipalities in the state that had been issued mandatory evacuation orders.
- Absecon (east of Rt 9)
- Atlantic City
- Corbin City
- Galloway Township (east Rt 9)
- Linwood (east of Rt 9)
- Northfield (east of Rt 9)
- Port Republic (east of Rt 9)
- Somers Point (east Rt 9)
- West Atlantic City in Egg Harbor Township (east of Rt 9)
CAPE MAY COUNTY
- All municipalities
- All of Long Beach Island
- Spring Lake
- Sea Bright
- Monmouth Beach
- Asbury Park (limited areas – coastal)
- Wall Township (limited areas – low lying/coastal)
- Town of Highlands
- Manasquan (limited areas – low lying/coastal; beginning Saturday, August 27th at 6:00am)
- Union Beach (beginning Saturday, August 27th at 11:00am)