The past week has been no kinder to New Jersey residents suffering from the sniffles, cough and chills of the flu, state officials say, and has led to the death of a fourth child in the state, according to an NJ.com report.
A 12-year-old Bergen County girl died earlier this month, Dawn Thomas, a state Health Department spokeswoman said in the report. The girl had underlying health conditions.
Her name and hometown were not released.
The current flu season continues to be one of the worst flu seasons in recent history, state Health Department officials say.
The state Department of Health has added a Find a Flu Shot Locator to its website. Call ahead to make sure supplies haven't run out first.
See More on Patch
- 7-Eleven Assault Charge, Thousands in Booze Stolen in Top Bergen County News
- Sister of Marathon Bombing Suspects Cooperating With Authorities
- Tick Tock Manager Pleads Not Guilty to Attempted Murder Charge
- Alleged Dog Abuse Cover-Up, Nude Photo Scandal Top This Week's News
- Alonso, Driscoll Tie in GOP Vote for Senate Race
Most Popular articles
- Board of Ed Stands By Decision to Enter Agreement with Hekemian, Attorneys Weigh In
- Hekemian's Deal with the BOE to Dominate Thursday's Zoning Board Meeting, and More This Week
- Upgrades to New Milford Substation Coming this Fall, PSE&G Says
- New Milford BOE Enters into Contract for 'Field of Dreams' with Hekemian
- New Milford Remembers Officer Killed in Line of Duty